Once used primarily as a blogging platform, WordPress is now one of the most popular website publishing and content management tools on the internet. According to Tech Crunch, about 22 out of every 100 new active domains in the U.S. run WordPress. What’s more, one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- WordPress provides dynamic page generation. Which means no more rebuilding all your pages each time you update your website! Updating your site’s content and design is fast and simple, and the required server storage space usage is nominal.
- You can build a free subdomain in seconds. You can register at WordPress.com to receive a free website (e.g. www.yourname.wordpress.org). This can be great if you don’t have the funds to invest on external hosting and domain services.
- The ‘Famous 5 minute install’. For those who have already purchased and are hosting your domain someplace else, WordPress can be installed quickly and easily. And have no fear – coding is not necessary.
- If you do own your own domain there are some minimum requirements to run WordPress. You need to make sure you have the appropriate and compliant versions of PHP and MySQL. This will ensure that you can receive accurate WordPress support if required.
- There are countless great looking templates (known as “themes”) available from various sources on the Internet. Many are free, some are not. Either way, determine the best design for your website is quick and easy.
- WordPress has centralized management. Making managing your pages, posts, as well as your users easy with WordPress.
- WordPress encourages e-commerce. There’s an plethora of plugins that have already been developed that enable you to accept payments, advertise, and more on your website. The easy plugin search keeps all of these options at your fingertips.
A blog is one of the best way to add new and fresh content to your website. Adding a WordPress blog your existing domain will help generate new visitors to your site, which is where you will be able to introduce them to the services you offer or the products you sell. We’d love to help you with that endeavor. It doesn’t matter if you have an existing site or not, we can help. Feel free to give us a call.